Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Intro About Myself


Introductory Essay
My name is Natasha Renae Bradley, and like most people there are a numerous amount of adjectives that can describe my character. I was able to take a strengths quiz today for my Freshman Success course and my results where very interesting. The test consisted of several different questions pertaining to depicting one’s strengths, and the one that stood out the most was “the includer.” I also like to think that I am musical inclined and compassionate. These are three of the many characteristics that make me the person that I am today.
The fact that one of my strengths was “including” was extremely neat. Not to say that not all of them were truthful, but this one was just dead on. All of my life I’ve worked hard to lead people into believing that I was accepting no matter race, gender, age, ex. I believe strongly that we were all created in God’s beautiful image, and through his eyes we are all fearfully and wonderfully made. Loving on others just happens to be a hobby of mine. Seeing people being excluded and or judged has always been my biggest pet peeve, and it was just really encouraging that that showed up in my test. To me that means that others are able to see that in my personality without having to bring it out in a conversation. All this goes to say that I appreciate those who are loving and accepting.
Another thing that I truly enjoy is anything that was to deal with the Fine Arts. I’ve played guitar and sung for the worship band at church for a little over a year now, done some acting in high school, and also took many art/clay classes throughout the duration of my high school education. Being apart of a worship team has to be my second passion. I am also in a Christian band, so music is a big part of my life. Drama has also been a big thing for me. I truly would love to be apart of OBU’s dramas department, and participate in their worship services. Having that privilege would be a great honor and life completing. To top that off I have also made many sculptures in clay art that were entered into contest, and received awards.
I am majoring in psychology/pre counseling because I am extremely compassionate. Sometimes I let this take the best of me, but I have always strived to help people. The fact that I am so eager to assist others is also one of my weaknesses, because many times I find myself putting others before my own needs, thus I tend to run out of time to get a lot of stuff done. I pray that one day I will gain better time management so that I will be able to aid in others lives without neglecting my own. Even though this mentality has gotten me into “knee deep water” , I fell that helping people and ministry is my calling, and I know that God will help me through this vocation.
In conclusion these three things are the areas of my life that stand out the most, as a result people generally classify me as loving, outgoing, and helpful. This is what makes me the person I am today and I thank God for blessing me with these gifts because it has helped me meet so many great people. People who inspirer, encourage, and strengthen me.

No comments:

Post a Comment