I’ve actually watch Waiting For Spiderman before. I’m
sure my mother had me watch it because she is big on education and she wanted
us to see how corrupt the system was or maybe it was so that we could gain some
sort of appreciation for our own schooling. The movie is quite depressing
because without it I would have never known that our education system was
unfair and unethical. Watching movies like that makes me wish that I could be
Superman. We take kids that really want to learn, kids that are yearning for a
good education and we hinder them from that by sending them to schools that
aren’t going to really help them succeed. There were five cases in this movie
and only two of them were chosen to achieve a better education. It was really
sad because this movie was made in 2010 based off of true stories. So this
means that this is still a big problem in western civilization. The fact that
we a treating our schooling system like a lottery is completely ridiculous, and
really hard to understand. It is a requirement that students go to school, but
the education that they are receiving is what is holding them back from
success. For example in the movie Bianca, the little black girl, made it
through whatever grade she was in but wasn’t allowed to go to the graduation ceremony
because her mother was not able to pay the bill one time. It just shows how
much people are actually trying to help.. ):
No comments:
Post a Comment