I understand that I am probably just completely oblivious to
the whole idea of illegal immigrants, but I still do not know why as Americans
we make it such a big deal. I’ll never completely understand why we think it is
okay to shot people trying to cross the border. People from other countries
come here in hopes to change their future, and it is not fair to completely raise
the wall because of a few terrorist acts. Yes I do agree that people should
gain citizenship, but I fell like sometimes Americans look down on people from
other nationalities and that is not fair. My aunt is from Peru, and she loves
it here because of the freedom that she has, and she talks about how she would
like for all of her siblings to live in America with her, but she said there is
not a chance because of how hard the test is, and how little time they would have
to prepare for it. She also talked about a time while she was out with her
family eating dinner, how hostile the waiter was all because she did not
understand her. She understood his frustration, but just wished that he could
have taken care of it a better way. She was also upset because she said when
Americans come to tour in Peru, they just assume that everyone there should
know English, and they do not respect them as their own nation. And we talked
about this in class with the French people.
I as well find it hard to understand why it is acceptable to shoot people who are crossing the boarder in hopes to have a better future. It is sad that we do this to innocent people looking for a better life.
ReplyDelete